In today’s market, there are many different types of pressure cookers to choose from. Two of the most popular models are the Instant Pot Ultra and the Duo Gourmet. Both have their pros and cons, so it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you. In this article, we will compare and contrast these two models side by side to help you make a more informed decision.
Instant Pot Ultra Vs Duo Gourmet Comparison Table
Features Instant Pot Ultra Instant Pot Duo Gourmet
Dimensions 13x12.5x12.5 Inches 13.8x12.4x12.4 Inches
Weight 11.83 lbs 14 lbs
Size 6 Quarts 6 Quarts
Color Stainless Steel / Black Chrome / Black
Control Panel Digital Display / Dial Touch / Buttons
Cooking Functions 10 Cooking Functions 9 Cooking Functions
Smart Cooking Menu Pressure Cook, Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Steam, Slow Cook, Saute, Warm, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Cake, Egg, Sterilize, Yogurt & Ultra Pressure Cook, Soup/Broth, Meat, Stew, Sterilize, Slow Cook, Saute, Rice, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Bean, Chili, Yogurt & Sous Vide
Available Sizes 3, 6, 8 Quarts 6 Quarts
Wattage 1000W 1000W
Altitude Adjustment Yes No
Cooking Progress indicator Yes No
Quick Release Button Yes Yes
Cooking Pot Stainless Steel Stainless Steel
Recipe App Yes Yes
Included Accessories Inner pot, Steam rack, two sealing lids Inner pot, Steam rack, two sealing lids
Best Deals Today Buy on Amazon Buy on Amazon
Key Difference Between Instant Pot Ultra Vs Duo Gourmet
Instant pot ultra is one of the advanced models by the manufacturer while Instant pot duo gourmet is a new entry in the world of instant however, it has failed to make a mark for so many reasons but here we will only point out the differences between Instant Pot Ultra Vs Duo Gourmet multicookers.
- First notable difference is the color. Instant pot ultra is available in stainless steel color with black lid and the bottom whereas Instant pot duo gourmet comes in chrome finish with black lid and bottom.
- The control panel on Instant pot ultra consists of a turn and press dial and a large size advanced bright display. Instant pot duo gourmet comes with convenient one touch buttons and a large digital display with clearly labeled programs and other indicators which are pretty easy to follow.
- Instant pot ultra combines 10 cooking appliances into one while instant pot duo gourmet comes with 9 cooking functions.
- Instant pot ultra is available in 3 different sizes such as 3 Quarts, 6 Quarts and 8 Quarts whereas Instant pot duo gourmet is only available in 6 Quart size.
- Instant pot ultra has an altitude setting which means if you live on high altitude the ultra will work just fine. On the contrary, duo gourmet doesn’t share this feature. Furthermore, IP Ultra also has a cooking progress indicator which duo gourmet doesn’t.
- Last but not least, instant pot ultra has earned a user rating of 4.7/5 star whereas duo gourmet has failed to make its mark in the IP community and could hardly earned 3.9/5 rating on Amazon.
Instant Pot Ultra 10 in 1 Pressure Cooker / Smart Cooking Menu
- Pressure Cook
- Slow Cook
- Yogurt & Ultra
Instant Pot Duo Gourmet / Smart Cooking Settings
- Pressure Cook
- Slow Cook
- Brown Rice
- Yogurt & Sous Vide
Quick Overview of Instant Pot Ultra Pressure Cooker
- Packs 10 cooking functions
- Highly dependable
- Durable construction & Practical design
- Impeccable cooking performance
- Safe cooking experience
- Fully programmable
- Dishwasher Safe Accessories
- Controls might be intimidating for some
Quick Overview of Instant Pot Duo Gourmet
- 9 cooking functions
- 15 customizable cooking settings
- 6 Quart cooking capacity
- Dishwasher safe
- Complicated instruction manual
Verdict: Instant Pot Ultra Vs Duo Gourmet
The Instant Pot Ultra is one of the most advanced models of the Instant Pot family. It has a lot of new features, such as altitude adjustment, cooking progress indicator, and steam release reset button.
The Duo Gourmet is a newer model that doesn’t have some of these features but is still offers a lot of versatility and functionality.
Which one should you buy? If you’re looking for the newest technology with all the bells and whistles, go with the Ultra. If you don’t need those extra features or are on a budget, the Duo Gourmet will do just fine.
The Pros and Cons of Multifunctional Pressure Cookers
A pressure cooker is a kitchen appliance that cooks food quickly by using high pressure. Pressure cookers have been around for centuries, but they have only recently gained popularity in the United States. Multi-functional pressure cookers are a newer innovation that can also be used as a slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and more. But are they worth the money? Let’s take a look at the pros and cons.
The Pros of Multifunctional Pressure Cookers
One of the biggest advantages of multifunctional pressure cookers is that they save time. If you’re short on time or just don’t feel like cooking, these cookers can come in handy. You can throw all your ingredients into one pot and have a meal ready in no time. They’re also great for cooking tough cuts of meat because the high pressure tenderizes the meat quickly.
Another advantage is that multifunctional pressure cookers are very versatile. As we mentioned before, they can be used as a slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and more. This means that you can use one appliance to do the work of several different appliances. This can save you money and space in your kitchen.
The Cons of Multifunctional Pressure Cookers
One downside to multifunctional pressure cookers is that they can be expensive. If you’re on a budget, you may want to stick with a traditional pressure cooker or slow cooker. Another downside is that they can be difficult to use if you’re not familiar with how to operate them. There are many safety features built into these cookers, but if you don’t know how to use them properly, they can be dangerous. If you’re not sure how to use one safely, it’s best to consult the owner’s manual or watch some online tutorials before using it.
Multifunctional pressure cookers can be a great addition to your kitchen if you have the money to spend and you’re familiar with how to use them safely. They save time and are very versatile, but they can be expensive and difficult to use if you’re not familiar with them. Do some research before purchasing one to see if it’s right for you.