Do you love espresso? If so, you need to get yourself a Breville espresso maker. These machines are the best of the best when it comes to making espresso. With a Breville, you’ll be able to make cafe-quality espressos in your own home. Plus, they’re easy to use and come with all the accessories you need to start making perfect espressos right away.
Since Breville has a huge collection of awesome espresso makers, in this blog post we are comparing Breville bes880bss vs bes870xl side by side for you to figure out which one of the two advanced espresso makers might suit your preferences.
Breville Bes880bss Vs Bes870xl Espresso Maker Comparison
Features Breville BES880BSS Breville BES870XL
Product Dimensions 12.7x15.5x16 Inches 12.5x12.6x13.1 Inches
Material Stainless steel Stainless steel
Weight 26.8 lbs 23 lbs
User interface Touchscreen Dial & Buttons
Capacity 67 Fluid Ounces 64 Fluid Ounces
Power 1680 1600
Warranty 1 year repair guarantee 1-year limited warranty
Milk texturing Automatic Manual
Pre-infusion Function Yes Yes
Precise Espresso Extraction Yes Yes
3 Sec Heat up Yes No
Built-in Grinder Yes Yes
Accessories 16 oz Stainless Steel Jug., ClaroSwiss Water Filter., Water Hardness Test Strip., Single and Double Wall Filter Baskets., Razor Precision Dose Trimming Tool., Cleaning Kit., 54mm Full Stainless Steel Portafilter Integrated Tamper, Razor Dose Trimming Tool, Tablets, Stainless Steel Milk Jug, Water Filter & Filter Holder, Brush Tool & Allen Key, 1 & 2 cup Single & Dual Wall Filter Baskets, Coffee Scoop, Cleaning Disc, 54mm Stainless Steel Portafilter
Check Best Deals Buy on Amazon Buy on Amazon
Key Differences between Breville BES880BSS Vs BES870XL
If you’re in the market for a new espresso machine, you may be wondering what the difference is between the Breville BES880BSS vs BES870XL. Both machines are from the same manufacturer and are designed for home use, but there are some important differences to be aware of before making your purchase. Here are the key differences between Breville 880 vs 870 espresso makers.
- The most significant difference between Breville bes880bss and bes870xl is that Breville bes880bss is a fully automatic espresso maker while Breville bes870xl is semi-automatic espresso machine.
- Breville bes880bss has touchscreen user interface which makes it super easy for anybody to use the machine while Breville bes870xl on the other hand make use of old school buttons, dials and analog pressure gauge.
- Breville bes870xl boasts a more compact design with smaller footprint whereas Breville bes880bss will occupy more space on the counter due to its slightly larger dimensions.
- Breville bes880bss features automatic milk texturing feature whereas Breville bes870xl gives you more control over milk texturing with manual control.
- Another big difference is that Breville bes880bss features a 3 sec heat up mechanism whereas Breville bes870xl does not share the feature.
Breville BES880BSS Espresso Maker Accessories
- 16 oz Stainless Steel Jug
- ClaroSwiss Water Filter
- Water Hardness Test Strip
- Single and Double Wall Filter Baskets
- Razor™ Precision Dose Trimming Tool
- Cleaning Kit
- 54mm Full Stainless Steel Portafilter
Breville BES870XL Espresso Maker Accessories
- Integrated Tamper
- Razor Dose Trimming Tool
- Stainless Steel Milk Jug
- Water Filter & Filter Holder
- Brush Tool & Allen Key
- 1 & 2 cup Single & Dual Wall Filter Baskets
- Coffee Scoop
- Cleaning Disc
- 54mm Stainless Steel Portafilter
Quick Rundown of Breville BES880BSS Espresso Maker
- Easy to use touchscreen controls
- Various drink selections
- Built-in grinder
- Precision espresso extraction technology
- 3 second heat up mechanism
- Multiple accessories included
- Superior and advanced construction and build quality
- Smaller water tank at the back
- Some may find controls slightly intimidating
Quick Rundown of Breville BES870XL Espresso Maker
- Efficient built-in burr grinder
- Straightforward controls
- Gives you more control over your drink
- Consistent brewing performance
- Compact design and smaller footprint
- Learning curve
- Needs frequent cleaning to avoid clogging
Why Breville espresso makers are the best?
There are a lot of different espresso makers on the market these days. So, why should you choose a Breville? Here are a few reasons:
1. Breville espresso makers are easy to use. Whether you’re a first-time espresso drinker or a seasoned pro, you’ll be able to make a great cup of espresso with a Breville machine. That’s because Breville machines are designed to be easy to use, with clear instructions and simple controls.
2. Breville espresso makers produce great-tasting espresso. Of course, the most important reason to choose a Breville espresso maker is because it produces great-tasting espresso. Breville machines are equipped with powerful pumps and high-quality components, so you can be sure that your espresso will taste delicious every time.
3. Breville espresso makers are built to last. When you invest in a Breville machine, you’re investing in a machine that will last for years to come. Breville machines are made with high-quality materials and construction, so you can be confident that your machine will withstand regular use.
How to Choose the Right Breville Espresso Maker for You
Now that you know why Breville espresso makers are the best, it’s time to choose the right machine for your needs. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you shop for your new Breville machine:
The type of machine. There are two main types of Breville espresso machines: semi-automatic and super automatic. Semi-automatic machines require you to grind the coffee beans and tamp them yourself, while super automatic machines do all of that work for you at the push of a button. If you’re new to making espresso, we recommend choosing a super automatic machine for ease of use. However, if you’re an experienced barista who wants more control over the process, a semi-automatic machine may be more suitable for you.
Your budget. Another important consideration when choosing a Breville machine is your budget. Breville offers a wide range of machines at different price points, so there’s sure to be a machine that fits your needs and budget.
The features you need. When comparing different models, make sure to pay attention to the features each one offers. For example, some models come with built-in milk frothers while others do not. If making lattes or cappuccinos is important to you, make sure to choose a model with a milk frother.
Conclusion: Breville bes880bss Vs bes870xl
The Breville bes880bss and the Breville bes870xl are both high-quality espresso machines. However, there are some key differences that set them apart. The most significant difference is that the bes870xl has a built-in grinder, while the bes880bss does not. This means that if you want to use whole beans with the bes870xl, you will need to grind them yourself. Another difference is that the water tank on the bes870xl is slightly smaller than on the bes880bss (61 oz vs 67 oz).
The two machines have many similarities as well. Both have a PID controller for temperature stability, they both come with a milk frothing pitcher and jug, and they both have an auto purge function to remove any excess water from the machine after brewing. Ultimately, which machine you choose will depend on your needs and preferences. If you don’t mind grinding your own beans or if you prefer a smaller water tank, then the bes870xl may be a better fit for you. But if you don’t mind paying a little extra for convenience or if you like having more options when it comes to beverage customization, then the bes880bss may be a better choice for you.